July 26, 2011

T-minus 2 Months

Wow… our wedding is nearly 2 months away!  I guess I really have to get down finishing the planning.  I did most of the big planning last year, so there wasn’t too much to get done, until now.  Now it’s hitting crunch time. 

We’re waiting on RSVPs back in the mail.  We had some fun with them by designing creative responses for our friends.  We gave them more choices besides the traditional “Gladly Attend” and “Regretfully Decline.”



We’ve been getting some fantastic DIY gifts too.  Including an heirloom table from my family that has previously been my great grandparent’s and a set of mugs.  I don't have a photo of the mugs yet.  I'll have to take one when they are both clean.

I’m still on the lookout for some antiques to decorate the reception location, such as a typewriter and some suitcases.  But if I don’t find those it’s not a big thing.  There’s an antique mall here in Chicago that I’ve been meaning to check out.  I’ve heard great things about it; I just have to find some time to go see it.

My fiancĂ© and I have to start looking for rings too.  I’m having trouble figuring out what style of ring I want as my wedding ring.  I know I don’t want anything with stones in it and I’d love it to somehow match/go along with my engagement ring.  Anyone have any ideas?


I think beyond that is lots of little things, like making sure decorations are done, doing some sewing crafts, etc. 

I'm thinking of making something like this for our dog to wear down the aisle.  Though I might just have her wear a flower and not deal with carrying the rings.  That scares me too much.


Any advice on elements we should add to our vintage and fall wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment