November 14, 2011

Halloween!

I finally have a computer back after being without one for the past month!!!  Yeah!!  So I can start posting with all those photos that I've been wanting to do for so long.  I'm starting it off with a post about Halloween... it's a little late, but I had lots of crafting for it this year!

To start this off, I am not a big fan of Halloween.  I haven't really enjoyed it since I was in elementary school since I've since always thought I was too old for it.  But this year we were throwing a Halloween party so I went all out.

I baked pumpkin spice latte cupcakes to snack on... they look good... yum....



I also decorated a pumpkin this year.  I had a great time doing this.  I found a template online for a Doctor Who pumpkin, but instead of cutting everything out like the design wanted me to do, I only cut out the parts of the Tardis and carved the outside layers of the pumpkin off for the Doctor.



And then there was my costume.  I didn't want to put a lot of money or work into it, and neither did my husband.  I had been rewatching Doctor Who episodes and realized that Alex could dress like Rory with stuff just in his closet.  I had been planning on doing the Silence hash marks, but I upped it by dressing like Amy Pond.

My inspiration
Alex's inspiration

And of course we couldn't leave the dog out of it, so we found a bow tie for her and she got to be the Doctor.  I wanted to find a big haired wig to make her River Song, but I don't think she would have been a fan of that...


And here's the party!!!  I'm hanging out with Meg the Grand!



No comments:

Post a Comment