February 28, 2014

Yearly Resolution: Woodworking, Building a Bench





We throw lots of parties in our apartment, and seating is always an issue.  We had nearly two dozen people at our New Year's party in our one bedroom apartment.  To help (just a little) with more seating in the apartment, I decided to build a low bench with nice midcentury styling.  


I found tapered legs online so I wouldn't even have to build legs!  So simple.  I bought a simple board, stained it to match my teak furniture in the apartment, and tossed the legs on.  I also sewed a cushion so it will be a bit more comfortable for our guests to enjoy.  I also designed it so that it was the perfect height for under our front windows.  So the bench can sit underneath them and doesn't have to move every time we want to open or close the windows!


No comments:

Post a Comment