The recipe is originally from here.
Butterscotch Toffee Shortbread
Butter (unsalted, softened) – 1 cup
All purpose flour – 1 3/4 cup
Cornstarch – 1/2 cup
Confectioner’s Sugar (powdered sugar) – 1/2 cup
Pure Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butterscotch Chips – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
English toffee bits (Heath’s) – 1/2 cup
- Cream the softened butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sieve together the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Combine the butter sugar mixture and the flour and mix well. The dough will not be super sticky and will almost fall apart, do not worry! That’s how it is supposed to be.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. The dough would have hardened a little bit and will be easier to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4th inch thickness. Cut with a fluted 2 inch round cookie cutter (or use the fluted small hearts). Place the cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets or cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. The cookies need be just lightly browned, They will look undone, but let them rest on the sheet for 4-5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.