September 7, 2011

Bridesmaid’s Dress Redo?

I mentioned previously in the blog that I had a long black a-line skirt that I was supposed to wear as a bridesmaid.  The outfit was never worn and it had sat in my closet for years.  I finally decided to make it into something and choose a pleated skirt.  My results were meh at best.  I cut it short, added pleats, added pockets, and put a new zipper in.  It just looks big and poofy on me.  I’m going to brainstorm ways to make it look nicer.  Right now it looks very homemade.  I’m thinking of sewing the pleats down a little bit to see if that would help.  Though I’m not sure if I’d do short lines horizontally or long ones vertically along the folds.  We’ll see.  I’ll let you know how it goes.  Now I just have to come up with an idea on what to use a hot pink tube top for…



1 comment: