March 21, 2014

Painting Custom Art




My husband loves maps.  He spends free time just looking at maps online.  He even has a favorite map representation.  So for our anniversary this year, I knew exactly what I had to make him.  A gigantic map of the world.  I guess I can't really call it gigantic though... it's very tiny compared to the actual world.


I found a picture of his favorite map and printed it onto a transparency.  Luckily, the place I work at had a projector around that I was able to use.  I projected the map onto the canvas and traced the outline.  Once home, I painted the map with teal and copper acrylic paints.  To get texture in the paint, I applied the paint liberally, practically just globbing it on.  I had to do a few coats to get the canvas completely covered, but the paint dried fast so there isn't too much down time.  Now I just need to find a way to frame it on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment