March 15, 2014

Creating Kitchen Storage



I have a serious kitchen addiction.  I love cooking and baking which leads to dozens of kitchen appliances, gadgets, and utensils.  When we moved into our current apartment, we lost a lot of cabinet space.  But what we lost in cabinet space, we gained in really tall ceilings.  I would have loved to use wooden crates to store all my extra stuff, but that would end up being really expensive.  Instead, I sewed a dozen large burlap and fabric bags to store everything.   


They are more floppy then I'd like, but it still gets the job done.  I bought probably 2 dozen yards of burlap and the same of orange broadcloth.  It was a simple job to sew them into boxes and topstitch the top.  They look much better than just throwing everything on top and no one needs to know about my kitchen addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment