August 4, 2011

Refashion Help

I have a black, floor length, a-line, satin skirt that I was supposed to wear as a bridesmaid but never got the chance to.  So it’s been sitting in my closet for the past 4 years with the tags still on it.  I’ve always said that I was going to refashion it into something wearable, but I haven’t gotten around to it.  There’s enough fabric to make a dress out of it!  And it comes with a hot pink satin tube top, though I don’t think I’ll be using that anytime soon… maybe I’ll take out the boning and use that again.

Anyone have any pattern ideas on what could do with it?  Nothing pops out in my head so I thought I'd turn to everyone on here to give me some ideas.

2 comments:

  1. You could: chop it up and make a normal knee length skirt with embellishments (ruffle, pintucks, contrast wasitband); a bodice for another dress; a shrug and coordinating clutch; a camisole and tap pants to lounge in; a pillow. Those are my suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a fantastic vintage pattern for a bolero (I pinned it on Pinterest), but I need to find where I could get that pattern first...

    ReplyDelete