August 11, 2011

Crafting Updates

I haven't had too much time to do crafting and sewing lately.  I was just hired on as a substitute teacher in four school districts for the upcoming year!  So my mind has been there...

I had my first wedding dress alteration earlier this week!  Nothing too spectacular and it took all of 15 minutes, if that.  But I cannot give you any clues into the dress, as I am keeping that a secret…  You’ll just have to wait it out like me!

I have been in crazy crafting mode lately.  I’m sure you could tell from all of my blog posts.  I started making candles, which I had never done before.  I’ve never been big into candles, so I don’t think that it is going to become an all the time thing, but it’s fun to experiment.  I found a way to make your own candle holders too, so when I get a chance to try that out I’ll let everyone know how it goes.  My current idea is to make some candle holders, wrap them in lace for a nice vintage feel, and put a candle in it.  This would cost me nearly nothing to make since I already have so much random crafting stuff around the apartment.

I started on a chalkboard globe a few weeks ago, but I'm still trying to find the paint for it.  I found a way to make your own, so I may end up doing that instead.  I just need to get some non-sanded grout... I'm guessing at a hardware store?
Anyone else have any ideas of what my next project should be?

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your new jobs!! I think you should make yourself a garter for the wedding. Va-voom!

    ReplyDelete