March 14, 2012

Baking with Eggs!

A couple of weeks ago I was gifted a bunch of eggs by a friend... about 4 dozen eggs... I don't eat eggs by themselves very much, but I do love baking (as I'm sure you've guessed).  I started looking up recipes and found a recipe for angel food cake, a chocolate soufflĂ©, and meringue kisses. 

The angel food cake tastes good, but I lost a lot of the outside crust because I didn't have the right pan for it.


The chocolate soufflĂ© fell after a bit.  Oh well, but it tastes like a big brownie now!


The meringue kisses turned out amazingly!  My mom makes these every year for Christmas so I know how temperamental they can be.  I pulled out my extracts to see what flavors I could make them.  I had orange, peppermint, mint, and rum extract.  The first two sounded like they'd be the best.  I put a chocolate chip in the peppermint ones.  



No comments:

Post a Comment