October 11, 2011

Honeymoon Food

 Here’s my first post about the honeymoon!  I’m mad that I didn’t take more photos of the food… I kept eating it too fast.  My husband and I love food.  When we go on vacation we don’t usually buy souvenirs, we instead spend all of our money on really good food that we can’t/don’t get at home.  Our honeymoon was of course no different. 
 

On our first day in San Francisco we walked past a bread shop that was selling sourdough bread in the shapes of animals!  Here were their turtles and crocodiles!




 Later that day we had lunch at Luce.  They have received a Michelin star for two years consecutively.  “The globally inspired New American menu reflects the bounties from the surrounding farms of San Francisco and changes according to freshness and seasonality. Each dish is artistically created and highlights an inventive flair for marrying diverse flavors with natural organic ingredients into a gastronomic delight (OpenTable).”  I had a fantastic braised pork belly sandwich with cilantro, mint, and jalapeño.  I was so sad that I could only eat half of the sandwich.  It was so rich and amazing.  I still wish I could have taken the leftovers with me.
 

That night we ate at Trattoria Corso in Berkeley with one of my husbands friends.  The big meal here was my fiance’s.  It was essentially chicken sautéed in butter.  Lots and lots of butter.  So fantastic.  I wish I had ordered it.  Not to say that my meal wasn’t amazing, it’s just how can you turn down butter?

Later on during the week we headed up to wine country.  While there we ate at a Market in St. Helena.  I had mac and cheese with bacon.  I feel that bacon should be added to everything.  Especially mac and cheese.  I don’t think I’m ever going to make mac and cheese at home again without adding bacon to it.  I loved the bar here.  That’s why I took a photo of it… and forgot to take a photo of my food.


Also while in Napa, we ate at a food warehouse?  I guess that’s the best way to put it.  It’s in this big place that looks like it once was a warehouse/factory and it is filled with amazing looking food.  We ate at the Mexican restaurant there.  Their tacos were inventive and tasted glorious.  I was pretty simple and I just got a chicken taco and steak taco.  My husband was the creative one.  He got a steak taco and one with buffalo!!!  You can see how good they look yourself. 





Later that day we walked through the historic area of Sacramento and it just felt like the place to get a funnel cake. 


Oh and one night when we tried to get Kobe beef steaks… I ended up with a hamburger.  I’m not sure how that happened and I am too much of a Midwesterner to say anything.  The hamburger was good, but it wasn’t a steak… But we got a free dessert for being on our honeymoon!


And lastly, nothing to do with food, I'm claiming that the Doctor was with us while in San Francisco...

1 comment: