June 25, 2015

New Armchair! Tales in Reupholstery.

I took my first stab at learning to reupholster a few months ago. I found this armchair on Craigslist for $20, but it was in need of new fabric. It was covered in cat hair and the left arm was completely shredded through to the wood by that cat, but the bones were good and the cushions solid.

I found a beautiful white and yellow fabric that I am hoping will hide all of my dog's hair (which shows up on everything under the sun).  It took about two evenings to rip all of the fabric off and another day to sew all of the new cushions.

I am planning on sewing a new back cushion at some point, but I keep putting that project off for no reason at all. And it looks like someone really approves of the new chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment